Monday, January 28, 2013

The Unit: The Second Quality Of Championship Teams

Championship Teams Are Respected By Their Peers - Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick was forced to admit, “They’re just better than us. They’re better than everybody.”

The respect meter goes of the chart when we work together as a team! For a true team member (not someone that is just on the field) it is all about the team, not about the individual glory. I was reminded of this on Saturday, my son plays basketball for the Fort Lauderdale sharks. I phone him on Saturday night and asked about the game. He responded, "We lost." My natural question next, "How did you do?" To my surprise, he resonded, "Dad I had, 22 points, 4 rebound and 4 assists, but it don't matter dad, we lost!"

I think that there are far too many Christian that miss this truth. We gage out life by the individual anoting, rather that the colletive impact. We rather see one another do bad, than to work as a team for the greater good! As a result, we have no "street cred." No one respects us.

Talent doesn't make a team! Commitment to the mission at all cost, is the stuff that makes championship teams...It's individuals working as a "The Unit" God has brougth them together to be. This kind of team are respected by their peers in every walk of life.


www.apministries.me

No comments:

Post a Comment