Sunday, February 10, 2013

Shelf-Life

I just listen to Daniel Day Lewis being interviewed on 60 minutes. He talked about how difficult it was for him to come out of the character Abraham Lincoln and how he missed that character.

It is both convicting and challenging to think; as leaders we can lead, and inspired people in such a way, that if God would allow anyone to portray us in the future, long after He has taken us home, they too would miss us.

It is a sad reality, that not much of that which passes for leadership today has a shelf-life. It's more about the moment then the next millennium. As believers and leaders we are to impact time for eternity. Visionary leadership helps us to embrace today with the prospective of tomorrow.

God forgive me for the days passed and the days to come, when I have and shall take my leadership so casually. For, I want to be missed.



Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment